Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Advent Calendar: December 1st


Sunset from the Creek
oil on canvas
12" x 12"


I bet all four of you have been clicking like crazy, refreshing this page again and again, anxiously awaiting today's offering...jay kay elle oh elle.  Sorry for the delay.

Here's a funny one...

I painted the picture above from a favorite creek of mine outside of Oldenburg, Indiana.  There's a fabulous stone bridge that a car occasionally crosses just a few feet from where I like to place my easel.  On this particular afternoon, I could hear passersby talking from rolled-down windows as they sped overhead.  "Hey, there's a painter down there," they'd say.  And "Look at that!  An artist"  Even, "Hey Picasso!"  I must've had a dozen remarks during the twenty minutes I spent painting the scene.  When I was finished, I took a step back to appreciate what I'd just created while the sun disappeared through the woods.  I can remember myself focusing hard on the moment and how beautiful it all was.  It could've been the closing scene to a dramatic movie about nature and art and all of that hippie-dippie stuff.  It was magic.  And then...I heard the sound of tires slowly rolling above me...

"What's that hobo doing?" 

If you'd like to purchase the painting above, please contact Wyatt via his website: CLICK HERE

24 days 'til Christmas...