Monday, October 31, 2016

All Bets Are Off


"Glow"
oil on canvas
11" x 14"

It's Halloween.  

I have never really done much for Halloween, but I enjoy it.  Mostly, because people get to dress in costumes and act like something else entirely for a day.  Everyone acts out of character on purpose and really enjoys "being" someone they aren't...or at least, someone they think others believe they are not.  I wonder about "acting a part" all of the time.  What if, tomorrow, I decided to stop being a painter altogether.  Maybe I could be a doctor, or a pilot, or a referee, or a hobo.  I really think I could be equally satisfied doing any number of things besides painting pictures.  But I'm so invested in this costume...

That was a little much.  More than anything, I guess I just like the candy.