Sunday, October 23, 2016

Selling Out / Buying In


"Hasler's"
oil on canvas
24" x 36"

I found out this painting won an Honorable Mention Award at the Cincinnati Art Club's Annual Viewpoint Exhibit.  I won some money to Dick Blick Art Supplies.  That's great news, as I use Dick Blick student-grade paint almost exclusively.  Hopefully, I'll eventually get that Blick endorsement deal I've been hoping for.  I've already bought a bunch of racing jerseys for my sponsorship logo's.  Blick will get major real estate on the back, of course, but I'm also saving room for Skittles, Banana Boat, Stroh's, Duck Tape, and Fritos.  Some call it selling out, but I just call it being art-smart.  Want a piece of artistic glory?  Buy yourself some advertising space on my back.  Heck, with a little bit of monetary teamwork, we could get LeGrand's in the Target, maybe even Pier 1...anything is possible.