Thursday, November 22, 2018

Let me tell you all about how thankful I am...

This Thanksgiving, I refuse to give thanks.

Now mind you, if I were to be thankful, I'd be more thankful than anyone else at the dinner table.  Everyone would be envious of my degree of thankfulness.  They'd give thanks for how thankful I am.

But instead of capitalizing on the obligatory holiday pseudo-sensitivity, I'm going to give thanks tomorrow, Black Friday, when it really counts.  I plan on thanking Michael's for all of their great prices on stretched canvas.  I'll thank them with a credit card and they'll thank me back with forty percent off of my next purchase.  

Here in the US, it's a widespread misconception that today is a blessing of the harvest, an anniversary of an Anglo-Indigenous potluck, or even a celebration of large, buckling hats.  But Thanksgiving is actually a Hindu holiday.  That's right...give enough thanks today and karma will even out your ridiculous behavior tomorrow.  

I'm not Hindu.  I refuse to give thanks.  Let's go buy some crap.