Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Black Friday Doorcloser


"Birth"
oil on canvas
20" x 20"

On Friday, I'll be doing a painting demonstration at the closing reception for my exhibition at The Thomas Gallery.  The reception will be from 5-8pm and the demo will start around 5:30ish.  I'm looking forward to confidently responding to questions I don't know the answers to and painting a target for everyone's tomatoes.  If you're not too tired from all of your Black Fridaying, stop by and heckle me from the back.

While I don't have any doorbuster bargains to advertise, Friday is the last evening "Fires" will be open.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...this is probably my favorite show-to-date.  People who like my pictures of "things" have seemed mostly disappointed.  People who don't know me or my previous work have seemed mostly excited.  At the opening, I overheard a couple deeming the show a "hoax" moments after congratulating me on my best work yet...that should be all the incentive you need, if you're into this type of thing.  Hope to see you there. 

Thomas Gallery, 107 North College Avenue, Bloomington, Indiana