Monday, October 23, 2017

Seeing Red, Seeing Green, Seeing Yellow In-Between


"The Woods in October"
oil on canvas
18" x 24"

Like I said, a heck of a good time was had in Brookville.  The trip is an annual pilgrimage for me.  I've told the story about driving down the highway with only three wheels and four dollars several times, so I'll save the rerun for another October, but believe me when I tell you, Brookville and I have some history.  I've got twenty paintings and countless stories to share from the weekend trip...I'll try my best to post some wet paint in the coming days.  

I was pleasantly surprised to discover many of my plein air partners in crime follow along with this blog.  Thanks to all of you who said such kind things about my babbling.  Truth is, I can be a bit crude and withdrawn in the flesh...I'm happy to know I can occasionally redeem myself in written attempts at wit.  Speaking of wit, I'd like to thank Blue Moon for the hearty breakfasts this past weekend...

“Instead of water we got here a draught of beer…a lumberer’s drink, which would acclimate and naturalize a man at once—which would make him see green, and, if he slept, dream that he heard the wind sough among the pines.”      -Henry David Thoreau