Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Hold on, let me grab my selfie stick.


On our trip this summer, Larry and I enjoyed having fun with the tourists.  Mind you, Larry and I were tourists.  We employed an array of bait-and-switch tactics to lure sightseers away from good painting locations.  We learned pretty early on, if you pull over in Yellowstone National Park and stand next to your vehicle, you will attract the most loathsome beasts in North America....they're pictured above, closing in on Larry.  Nothing screams natural splendor like the roar of shutter noise from fifty cheap cameras attached to expensive telephoto lenses being used for the first time to capture an image of what might be a bear or a bush, 500 yards away.  Don't worry,  we made it out alive...shortly after this photo was taken, I walked to the opposite side of the road, crouched down in the grass with my binoculars, pointed at the horizon, and screamed, "Bear!"  The herd relocated and we continued painting. 

It's fun making fun, but don't forget, Larry and I were the idiots that drove to Alaska, just to spend hundreds of hours paintings pictures of things that could've been captured with an Iphone and an index finger.  Yay, art.