Monday, August 28, 2017

LOL

I saw some great footage of a comedy show that aired last night on prime time television.  It was a bunch of "musicians and performers" that were pretending to do artistic and profound things in front of a fashionable audience.  I mean, they really went all out...a big stage, awards, a red carpet, and lots of politically charged ramblings that were almost believable.  There were moments that nearly seemed legitimate, but then I turned the volume up to really hear the "songs"...hilarious!  Oh, and there was lots and lots of choreographed dancing and thrusting.  They even had a Rod Stewart lookalike.  Great job MTV...I never knew you did comedy so well.

Turns out, the news is doing comedy too.  I watched about fifteen minutes worth before school today and laughed hysterically at the MTV recap, what appeared to be an Alec Baldwin SNL performance, and some trash talk from what might've been WWE's Summerslam.  I think there was something about the weather too...a storm here or the Middle East or whatever.  They tried to spice it up with a reporter yelling in waist deep water, but it just didn't hold my attention.  What will they come up with next? 

Thankfully, reality television has finally started making real life bearable.  Just like Leary said, all you have to do is "turn on, tune in, and drop out"...just opposite of the way he meant it and more like the way everybody interprets it.  When does WWIII come out? 

*If you haven't noticed my regular attempts at sarcasm and satire by this point, please disregard everything I've said.  Here's something on the news you can use:  USA Today / How to Help Victims of Hurricane Harvey