Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Guild


Kiva Beach
oil on canvas
24" x 24"

I delivered twelve paintings to the Brown County Art Guild today.  They're some of my favorite "pretty landscape pictures" I created last fall.  Because I know some of you who follow along have been anxiously awaiting pictures that are a little less depressing and/or a little less mundane than my typical fare, I've decided to offer you a smorgasbord of prettiness at the Guild.  I take that back...it's only seven pretty pictures.  Hell, now that I think about it, they're really not that pretty either.  I don't do pretty well.  I'm pretty bad at pretty.  The other five pictures are my typical adequate depictions of non-pretty.  Ugly pictures of ugly subjects...that's my jam, everything else is a fluke.

What I'm saying is this...go to the Brown County Art Guild in Nashville, Indiana.  Love my pictures, hate my pictures, buy my pictures, throw rocks at my pictures...I don't care.  But go to Nashville, go to The Guild, go to the soap shop and smell the soap, go to the candy shop and smell the licorice, consider having your name tooled into something made of leather, and buy a slab of fudge for God's sake!  Or don't...whatever, I don't care.  

This screen is hurting your eyes, isn't it?  Maybe take a break, eh?  Ever try a yo-yo?