Thursday, August 2, 2018

Wishfulfillment


The show is hung.  It's a fair depiction of the places painting pictures led me to.  Alas, allegory allowing alliteration alleviation...that should hold me over for a while.

But in a few days, when the opening party is over and everyone has come and gone, everything will be just the same as it is now...I'll be standing in a room with a high ceiling by myself with 175 pictures hanging on the wall.

But in a few days, when the opening party is in full swing, a friend might ask me where a particular picture was painted.  And maybe my response will create a cross-country curiosity calling to be quenched.  And maybe I'll cross paths with that particular cross-country conquistador on an upcoming pilgrimage to the particular place painted in the picture that friend found fascinating.  Wouldn't that be bewilderingly wonderful?

Okay, now I'm done.