Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Alexa, Start Blog Entry

I'm getting much better at cooking pasta.  I've learned that it's all about getting those starchy little noodles extra thirsty so they'll absorb all of the deliciousness when finished cooking in the sauce.  It's a simple thing, but it's the most impressive thing I've done today.  In other news, I've started reading Turgenev's Fathers and Sons.  I sort of know the plot already, so it's been extra depressing.  I've also watched the first five minutes of three movies rented from the local Redbox...they were immediately bad and I turned each off in a huff, but my students have informed me I'm the only grandpa that uses such dead technology and I should've know better in the first place.  They recommended "huluing on my tablet"...whatever that is.  

Oh, and I've taken great pleasure in listening to my students quizzing one another about U.S. history and politics.  But as it turns out, they were asking their Apple Watches for the answers to their homework.  Am I supposed to encourage or discourage this type of thing?  Does it really matter?  Nietzsche?  Siri?