Saturday, May 20, 2017

Thank God I'm Here


"Plastic Baby Jesus in a Parking Lot"
oil on canvas
16" x 20"

Here we are.  

It's Saturday here in Bloomfield, Indiana, around 10:30 am.  It's Sunday in the Solomon Islands.  If I was in Honiara right now, I'd be a day older.  But a non-existent non-stop flight would put me there at 4 am on Sunday here...that's 16 hours on a plane to be the same age half way across the world, 4 hours late to being a day older.  Bummer.  But, another 16 hour non-stop flight returning to Indiana would add around 24 hours to my Sunday from Honiara and effectively take me back to yesterday upon landing...Sunday here, Monday there, back to my original age, just 32 hours later.  

Where are you?  How did you get there?  How did we get here?  Are you spending your days chasing time or counting the minutes until time catches up to you?

While you're figuring it out, let me just say....

I am here.  It's raining outside.  I hope you're happy.